Malvani cop denies ‘files’ being deleted in Disha Salian case – Beyond Bollywood


In a brief conversation, Sr,Inspector Jagdev Kalapad denies report of files being deleted in the case of the death of Sushant Singh Rajput’s ex-manager.

By Mayur Lookhar


The twist and turn in the Sushant Singh Rajput suspected suicide case has also brought the Disha Salian death case back in focus. Over the weekend, some news TV channels claimed that the files pertaining to the death of Rajput’s former manager had been ‘inadvertently’ deleted.

Republic World reported on Sunday (2 August) that the special team of Bihar police, who is down in Mumbai to investigate the death of Rajput wanted to see files in the Salian case to see if there was any connection between the two deaths. Salian was Rajput’s manager a year and half ago. Citing sources in the Bihar police, Republic World claimed that the investigating officer in the Salian case was initially cooperating with the Bihar police but once he received a phone call from someone, the officer then appeared reluctant and allegedly told members of Bihar police that the files in the Salian case got ‘inadvertently deleted’. Bihar police offered to retrieve the files but the Mumbai cop reportedly didn’t take their help.

Beyond Bollywood spoke to Sr. Inspector Jagdev Kalapad, Malvani Police Station who termed these reports false. “Koi file delete nahi hua. Likhne ke liye log (media) kuch bhi likhte hain (No files are deleted. People [media] write anything to fill up the pages), “Kalapad told Beyond Bollywood.

We asked him whether Bihar police did visit him on Saturday, but Kalapad didn’t respond and perhaps the call got disconnected.

See also  Nawazuddin Siddiqui – Beyond Bollywood

IPS officer Vinay Tiwari, SP, Patna (Central) City arrived in Mumbai on Sunday to lead the investigation by the Bihar police. Soon upon his arrival, Tiwari was questioned by the media at the airport where he was asked about the alleged deleting of files in the Salian case. He simply said, “If there is any connection [between the two cases] we will look int it. However, there is lot of rumours as well, I wouldn’t like to comment on them.”

Salian had died on the night of 8 June when she fell from the high-rise apartment of her boyfriend in Malad, Mumbai. Rajput was found dead a week later in his Bandra apartment. After 40 days, there wasn’t much breakthrough in the probe by Mumbai police, but the FIR filed by Rajput’s father K.K Singh in a Patna police station has turned the case on its head. Rajput’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty, who is now absconding, is being seen as a prime accused in the suspected suicide case.